The materials which are applied to the surface of the roof through the reflective method remain cool under the sun, reflecting up to 95% of the solar radiation during the day and eliminating the stored heat in the form of infrared radiation during the night.
This is due to the properties of certain materials in order to reflect solar radiation back into the atmosphere. As long as the roof surface remains cooler due to the extremely reduced heat absorption (to the extent that a cool roof can be 20-33°C cooler than a conventional roof during very high temperatures), a consistently cool temperature is maintained inside the building.
Benefits of the system
- Cooling of the house is significantly improved, resulting in much less use of air conditioning and only during peak times.
- Reduction in energy bills by reducing the need for air conditioning.
- Complete protection from water (waterproofing) and heat with a construction weight of only 1.5kg/m2.
- Immediate improvement of indoor comfort in rooms which are not air-conditioned.
- The cost compared to other insulation systems is considerably more economical.
- Minimal surface preparation requirements (transport or lifting of solar panels and tanks, building a perimeter parapet, etc.)
Learn more about the creation and benefits of cool roofs with the application of reflective materials by clicking here.
In addition, by painting your home internally you trap heat from heating systems (radiators, fireplaces etc.) by keeping a warm and comfortable atmosphere all the time, and saving up to 25% energy from using radiators or heaters!
Find out more about the possibility of saving energy by painting your home by clicking here.
If you have a construction, insulation materials or related business, become our new partner NOW to represent the product.
As an EXCLUSIVE representative & distributor of INSULADD for GREECE - BALKANS & CYPRUS, Monodomiki is next to you, ready to serve & advise you, either with physical presence at our headquarters, 97-99 Galatsiou Avenue, Galatsi or by phone at +30 210 2135564.